Isis Winter League 2012-13, Sponsored by Neptune Investment Management
Isis Winter League is a series of Head Races throughout the year. Unlike our other events, local clubs may also participate. The course runs from Donnington Bridge, through to the bumps stone at the Head of the River.
Documents that you might like to use to brief your novice marshals
- Marshals will be provided with this document (917KB) on the day.
- We will be using this (277KB) as a basis for our briefing.
- We know that most marshals will not have done it before, but this does not mean that you as colleges can send your poor novices to marshal without telling them what to expect. We can't teach them everything in 10 minutes, and it is your divisions which will get klaxoned if you don't give them a brief introduction.
- All coxes racing should print off the latest version of the draw, which can be found below. They should also print off this crib sheet (262KB) so they know:
- How to get themselves lined up in a timely manner
- What the various flags mean
- How to not hold up the division
Other event documents that you should be aware of
- Event plan (175KB)
- Instructions for Competitors (9KB)
- Marshalling Guide (120KB)
- Winter League Event plan appendices:
List of Events
IWL A: 11 November
IWL B: 25 November - Cancelled due to high stream conditions
IWL C: 20 January
- List of entries
- Draw (v3) (1015KB)
- Marshalling rota (1012KB)
- Results (preliminary, version 3) (1020KB)
IWL D: 3 February - Cancelled due to high stream conditions
IWL E: 17 February - Cancelled due to high stream conditions
- List of entries
- Draw: [/pdf]
- Marshalling rota: [/pdf]
- Results: [/pdf]
Leaderboard results can be found here: http://www.ourcs.org.uk/racing/iwl/leaderboard1213
Trophies will be awarded to the winners of IWL
- Entries will be entered online. If you require a password please contact the webmaster.
- Entries close at 8pm the Monday before the event.
- Last scratch: 23:59pm the preceding Tuesday.
- Please pay by cash or cheque, payable to OURCs, to Hilary Wynne at LMH. Or by direct transfer, notifying firstname.lastname@example.org after you have made the transaction, or for more details.