Isis Winter League 2016-17
The Isis Winter League (IWL) is a series of head races run throughout Michaelmas and Hilary terms. IWLs are open not only to OURCs affiliated crews, but also to other rowing clubs based on the Isis, so all are encouraged to participate. The course usually runs from Donnington Bridge, through to the Cox Stone opposite Christ Church Meadows.
Table of Events
|Sunday||Race Secretary||List of Entries||Draw||Marshal Rota||Results|
|A||4th Week Michaelmas||William Frost||IWL A 2016||Draw (499KB)||Marshal Rota (609KB)||Results (68KB)|
|30th October 2016|
|B||8th Week Michaelmas||Harriet Bull||IWL B 2016||Draw (140KB)||Marshal Rota (127KB)||Results (59KB)|
|27th November 2016|
|C||2nd Week Hilary||William Frost||IWL C 2017||Draw (497KB)||Marshal Rota (439KB)||Results (231KB)|
|22nd January 2017|
|D||4th Week Hilary||Cameron McGarry||IWL D 2017||Draw (217KB)||Marshal Rota (221KB)|
|5th February 2017|
|6th Week Hilary||Matthew Rigby||IWL E 2017|
|19th February 2017|
Entry fees for 2016-17 are as follows:
- £16 - 8+
- £14 - 4+, 4-, 4x-
- £12 - 2x, 2-
- £10 - 1x
- Marshals will be provided with the relevant page of this guide (205KB) on the day.
- We will be using this guide (153KB) as a basis for our briefing
- We strongly recommend that marshalls read over the above guides a few days before coming down for their shift to allow the knowledge to sink in.
- Please ensure that marshals sent to the river are of a suitable quality of knowledge. We will not explictly ban novice marshals, but we strongly suggest that this early in the term you send experienced rowers. If the quality if marshalling proves to be poor, we will ban novices as marshals for future IWLs.
Shared Event Documentation
- Event Plan (669KB)
- Winter League Event plan appendices:
- Instructions to Competitors (245KB)
Can be found here
League points are allocated according to the IWL Scoring Guide
- Entries must be made online through the OURCs entries system. If you require a password please contact the webmaster.
- Entries close at 1800 the Wednesday before each event.
- Scratching closes at 1800 the Thursday before each event. After this time you may scratch crews but you will still have to pay the entry fee & supply marshals according to your original entries.
- Preferred payment method is by bank transfer - details from the OURCs Treasurer. Cheques should be pidged to Harriet Bull at Pembroke College. Bank transfers should be made the day before at the latest. If paying on the day bring a cheque or card to Racedesk (Longbridges) - OURCs does not accept cash. Harriet can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As per A1.8.3a, if your entry fees and other debts are not paid to the satisfaction of the OURCs Treasurer before your first crew is due to race, the Event Committee may withhold times temporarily or permanently.