If you are not a Captain or member of OURCs, or you are unsure of who you need to speak to, please read the descriptions below to decide who would be able to help you most. The information below is presented in flowchart form here.
The Rowing Sabbatical Officer oversees the implementation of safety policy and is available during office hours for urgent queries
As an alternative to e-mail, you can contact the Rowing Sabbatical on 07917 643030. They politely ask that this be kept to office hours (9.30pm to 5.30pm)
You may also drop in during office hours (though it is recommended that you phone ahead to confirm the Sabbatical Officer is in the office).
- First point for urgent queries
- Safety advice
- Swim Test and Capsize Drill queries. Contact with names and OSSID numbers to expedite the process (the exception is booking capsize drills, which should be done through firstname.lastname@example.org #feedalightweight)
- River queries
- Non-urgent rules queries
- Movement of launches and having extra crews on the Isis
- Regatta questions - the Sec will normally be the Race Sec for our regattas and so can handle entry questions and draw queries. For any OURCs event for which the Sec is not race secretary, contact email@example.com
- Entries system queries, include names and OSSIDs to expedite the process
- General organisation queries from possible rule changes, things we could be doing better or differently.
- Any issues with the website, or using the system e.g. entries not working properly
- Maillist administration
- Fine queries and appeals
- Payment queries
Captain of Coxes
- Any coxing advice or queries
- Upgrades and status queries
Include names, coxing licence numbers and OSSIDs if appropriate
- Please ask them any query and they can bring it to the committee or appropriate person if they cannot help you themselves
Need to Put a Name to a Face?
If you wish to send anything via post to OURCs please address it to:
Oxford University Rowing Clubs
c/o Rowing Sabbatical
Oxford University Sports Department