Mens Head Coach Vacancy

PostMens Head Coach Vacancy
AuthorAngus Menzies
ucbc.menscaptain@univ
Posted At18:46, 27th Aug 2017
3 weeks ago
University College Boat Club are looking to appoint a coach for the Men's 1st VIIIs for the 2017-18 academic year.
About us - Univ Men's 1st VIII is currently positioned 4th in Division II for Torpids and 7th in Division I for Summer Eights. Following a defensive 2017 campaign, a large number of committed returners and ambitious lower boat athletes makes for a promising 2017-18 campaign. We are therefore looking for someone who can coach to make big gains in Torpids and move up in Summer Eights.
Our fleet and boathouse on the Isis are extremely well-equipped and we have access to both ergs and weights. We will be training primarily at Godstow with a launch. While we will focus on Torpids and Summer Eights, we are also looking to compete in a number of internal and external regattas (including Head of the River) as well as a week's training camp away from Oxford in the Easter Vac.
We are able to offer very competitive pay for the right candidate.
Job Requirements - All candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
i. Have prior coaching experience.
ii. Be available during the Oxford terms 0th week to 8th week.
iii. Be available to bank ride during Torpids and Summer Eights.
iv. Discuss and provide a training plan at the start of each term, covering both land and water training.
v. Be able to provide accurate relevant feedback to both rowers and coxes during outings.
vi. Be available for pre-term training camps prior to the start of Hilary and Trinity (the Trinity training camp will not be in Oxford).
vii. Be available to coach approximately 5 outings including 2 during weekdays at Godstow. (Some weekend outings may possibly be at Wallingford).
viii. Must have a licence to drive a launch.

The ideal candidate would also satisfy the following requirements:
i. Have experience coaching Oxford college crews.
ii. Be available to attend all regattas we compete in, both internal and external.
iii. Be available to attend land training sessions during the week.

Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to Angus Menzies (ucbc.menscaptain@univ.ox.ac.uk).
Please also contact for enquiries regarding the position.