Rule changes

PostRule changes
AuthorAnu Dudhia
dudhia@atm
Posted At21:29, 23rd Apr 2013
274 weeks ago
Leaving aside the apparent inconsistency of one amendment saying that the starting order will be finalised at midnight after any appeals, and another which says that results of appeals may lead to the starting order being finalised after midnight, I'm mostly concerned with the new bit which seems to imply that any clerical errors - which usually means that either I missed a bump or someone who gave me the list of bumps missed one - can now only be fixed before midnight and if they're not spotted, then they cannot be fixed afterwards.

Imagine the morning of race day:

Current situation: 'but we bumped A yesterday!' 'oh yes, so you did, we missed that one - anyway since everyone knows where they should be starting just go ahead and ignore the printed start order'

Proposed situation: 'but we bumped A yesterday!' 'oh yes, so you did, we missed that one - unfortunately the rules now say that clerical errors can only be fixed up to midnight, so now you're stuck with the printed start order'.

As an aside, I would propose a rule that 'all subsequent rule changes must reduce the total word count of OURCs rules'.

PostRE: Rule changes
AuthorIan Maconnachie
sabbatical@ourcs[dot]co[dot]uk
Posted At21:56, 23rd Apr 2013
274 weeks ago
As the poor person who had to put that agenda together, I second that last motion.