Fwd: Rowing Captains Mailing List: URGENT DEADLINE TODAY: College Training Day

Date of Email5th Jun 2012Sent By:Sahil Sinha <rowsab@gmail[dot]com>
--Apple-Mail-4DCEEB6A-3C0F-417E-A9FC-7FBC4BC03FD2

See below.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Sahil Sinha
> Date: 5 June 2012 12:18:33 GMT+01:00
> To: BC Captains
ning Day

> Dear all,
> A reminder that the deadline for signing up for the College Training Day i=
s Today. I would urge all clubs to attend, particularly as it's free!
> See details below.
> Best,
> Sahil

o a "how to do it" day full of useful information and advice on how to get t=
he best results with your club next year.

> The day is a mixture of talks, workshops, Q&A, discussion and networking, w=
hich provides an unparalleled opportunity to plan where your club is heading=
 in the next 12 months, and to gain help and support on getting there.  Than=
ks to OURCs the whole day is free, including a substantial buffet lunch (whi=
ch acts as one of the best networking opportunities).  Next year's committee=
 members (whether elected or just so far nominated) are welcome to attend, w=
ith two places guaranteed per college and a waiting list for extras.  This t=
raining day has been run for the last 14-odd years:  talk to last year's att=
endees about it.  Both this year's (Sahil Sinha) and next year's (Ian Macona=
cchie) RowSabs will be taking part in the day, so this is a great chance to t=
alk to them about everything from swim tests to what you will need their hel=
p on.

> COLLEGE BOAT CLUB TRAINING DAY 2012
> When:  Sunday 10th June 2012
> Time:  9am to 4pm
> Where:  Jowett Walk, just off Mansfield Road near the centre of town
> What:  Information, help, support and discussion about how to run a colleg=
e boat club.
> Subjects covered:  include fundraising, strategic planning, coaching emplo=
yment, captains' meetings, safety, cox-education, training programmes, etc..=
..
> Cost:  free
> Included:  Free buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day
> Spaces per college:  a minimum of 2, but we can usually accommodate anothe=
r 10-12 from a waiting list (so you may be able to send your whole committee=
 if you book fast)
> Note that the 2 spaces per college includes both the men's and the women's=
 clubs, so please liaise between the two halves if they function as separate=
 sections.  For instance, we can accommodate the men's and the women's capta=
in, but we would not book on the men's captain and vice-captain unless we ar=
e sure the women's club does not wish to take up its place.  If the club has=
 an overall president who wishes to come, then we can only guarantee one fur=
ther place and extras will need to be on the waiting list

> BOOKING
> Please send the following information for each delegate:
> a) Name & surname
> b) College
> c) Position or possible future position in club (e.g. women's captain or m=
en's vice-captain or treasurer-elect or president)
> d) Personal mobile phone number
> e) Personal email address
> f) Whether they are taking one of the 2 official places or wish to be on t=
he waiting list
> to rachel.quarrell@chem.ox.ac.uk before the end of Tuesday 5th June.
>
> After booking closes, we will allocate any remaining places to those on th=
e waiting list, under a first-come, first-served policy.

> DAY-SHARING
> It is advisable for delegates where possible to attend the whole day.  How=
ever, two delegates may share one spot, switching over during lunch (which b=
oth are welcome to attend).  If you wish to do this, please make this clear o=
n your booking email.  The day should not be broken into more than 2 parts.

> RESERVATIONS
> Until 5th June colleges may reserve a number of spots without names, but I=
 will need the names and contact details as soon as possible, and by 6th Jun=
e.  If any club is running its elections on 8th/9th/10th June I recommend yo=
u decide now which people are most likely to be coming to the training day a=
nd book them in anyway.

> [...]

RESERVATIONS
Until 5th June colleges may reserve a number of spots without names, but I will need the names and contact details as soon as possible, and by 6th June.  If any club is running its elections on 8th/9th/10th June I recommend you decide now which people are most likely to be coming to the training day and book them in anyway.

Any questions, email me.

Rachel Quarrell.
07710-538114.

--
Sahil Sinha
Sabbatical Officer for Rowing 2011-12
Oxford University
--Apple-Mail-4DCEEB6A-3C0F-417E-A9FC-7FBC4BC03FD2--

Return to Email Archive