Old Appendix F: Change Log
Last Updated 18th Feb 2012
Hilary Term 2012
- Motions brought as agreed previous meeting
- Bumps now decided when satisfied beyond all reasonable doubt
- Appeals now look for evidence to overturn or re-consider original decision, without it appeal will fail.
- Captains may withdraw appeals until decision
- Evidence must be presented within 20 minutes of the appeal being announced.
- Clarified SU appeals as rule-based and not a further argument of fact.
- Captains now ratify SUs not just to vote, but to be SUs. Race Sec appoints for bumps from this list (with emergency clauses).
- SU role in bumps brought in line with practice and updated event plan.
- 2 OM elected.
- Discussion of mobile web application live bumps for Torpids thanks to Feather & Square LLP.
- A Minute's Silence before Mens Division 1, Saturday of Torpids agreed in memory of Pete Burden.
- HBR Challenge Division confirmed Wednesday 7th Week to choose Oxford Representatives to go to HBR.
- Coxing Briefing updates
- Plans for unified database, using numbers that do not alter.
- Marsalling meeting open to all to offer improved training for novice marshals
- Marshal crib-sheet for all marshals to help in emergency or when in-doubt
- Appeal discussion (see 5th week changes)
- Visiting Students may be transferred
Michaelmas Term 2011
- OURCs to look in to hosting an invitational 'qualification' for the HBR College Race during 7th week
- Addition of R15 to close sections of the river in an emergency situation
- Unsuccessful candidates for 'named' posts can apply for Ordinary Member in the same meeting
- Female members of Blackfriars get to choose between St Benet's and Green-Templeton (this will be brought up for discussion again next meeting)
- Coxes are now required to possess ID when coxing a crew during regular training. As an OURCs note, we will not stop crews and ask for identification unless a coxswain's behaviour has been reckless and irresponsible.
- New IWL scoring system explained
- Treasurer, CoC and OM elected
- Change to a definition of whom can be a Senior Member
- Re-write of G5 (substitutions rule) to make system more transparent
- Two extra slots created on Sunday afternoons.
Trinity Term 2011
Hilary Term 2011
Michaelmas Term 2010
Trinity Term 2010
Hilary Term 2010
Michaelmas Term 2009
Trinity Term 2009
- Minor change to definition of a staff member
- Assorted tweaks and restructuring to rules in the light of RowSab position and creation of 'race secretary'.
- Inclusion of rules about cyclists during events and Saturday of Eights
- Rules relaxed slightly about transiting the lock
- Small tweak to wording of rule relating to speed in the Gut.
- Allow associate members to row in non-bumps OURCs events
- Change to complaints and appeals procedure in G8
- Tweaks to rules about penalty bumps and incompetence leading to a klaxon
- Allow two boats out in the mornings during Trinity.
Hilary Term 2009
- Discussion on where to put St Hilda's Men's 1st VIII in Torpids.
- Change to rules of proposing motions at captains' meetings
- Changes to rules of the river; number of crews, and transiting the locks - in accordance with RowSafe
Michaelmas Term 2008
- Change to Varsity squads' Torpids eligibility
- Allow blue flag Longbridges spinning for crews about to land.
- Green Templeton College affiliated
- COUR given the authority to change rules on safety grounds without a prior captains' meeting; changes should be well-publicised.
The change log from 2001 to TT2008 can be found here.